Position Title: General Non Profit Management Intern
Reports To: Development Staff Location: Northeast Ohio Chapter
JDRF’s mission is to find a cure for type 1 diabetes and its complications through research.
Scope of the Position:
Intern will work closely with the Development, Outreach and Office Management Team to gain experience in this field of interest. Intern will provide program and administrative support to Chapter staff and volunteers by assisting in ongoing chapter activities.
Intern may be assigned to special projects and needs to be able to take direction and work independently.
JDRF Northeast Ohio will work with you to tailor a program to suit your requirements in your field of study. We encourage you to apply and speak with our staff regarding your needs.
- Provide support for fundraising activities, which may include data entry, preparing information/materials needed for mailings and/or meetings
- Assist with events where applicable
- Make phone calls, respond to calls, and e-mail when appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chapter staff members
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- A team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers. Must develop and maintain relationships
- Effectively multi-task and establish priorities. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure
- Active listening and problem solving skills
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Experience using databases.
- Ability to learn new computer software programs
- Working knowledge of Social Media ( Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, RSS Feeds)
- Website Content Management
- Mass Email Communication
- The intern is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop kneel, crouch or crawl. The intern must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.